B4SH is unusual!
As a community benefit society, our purpose is to work for the benefit of the community! We are building a broadband network, bringing fast, reliable broadband to rural parts of The Surrey Hills. We are not-for-profit so all our income is reinvested into growing our network and most of our team are volunteers.
There are many ways to get involved; some of our volunteers have been involved since we started in 2018 and others for shorter-term projects in their local neighbourhood. No matter how you get involved you make a difference!
There’s much more to installing a network than just digging! 90% is talking to people; helping them to understand what we’re doing. If you know people in your area and you want to make a difference you are more than halfway there!
- Come to our weekly meetings* tell your neighbours about our plans, perhaps you could organise meetings or set up a WhatsApp group?
- Help us to letter drop.
- Help us do domestic installations, blowing and splicing. Shadow our volunteers to learn how.
- Offer to help your neighbours to get the 7mm from their property boundary to their house wall? Perhaps you have a youngster who would like some pocket money to help install?
- If you happen to have a digger or trencher and you could offer your time?
- Or help us install the core network, pulling out duct from the reel frame.
- We have two longer term roles we’d love help with:
- Blowing Team Co-ordinator: Click here to learn more about the Blowing Team Coordinator role
- Wayleave Volunteer: Click here to learn more about the Wayleave Volunteer role
We hold weekly meetings at *The Hurtwood on Wednesdays between 6:30pm and 7:30pm, we’d love to see you there come and help us plan. You do not need to live in Peaslake to come and volunteer!
Learn more by visiting: